Posts Tagged ‘24 Hours’
318th Student Assembly
Senate Bill 318-066
To keep Swem Library open for 24 hours during the final exam period
Keep Swem Open for 24-Hours During Finals Act
An Act of the 318th Student Assembly of the College of William and Mary,
Sponsored by Senator Stef Felitto, 2012
WHEREAS, last year’s “Keep Swem Open During Finals Act”, and “The Swem Final Exams Reauthorization Act” proved to provide very successful services for students;
WHEREAS, the program was clearly popular enough to be continued;
WHEREAS, efforts are still ongoing to make this program a permanent part of the College’s budget.
Now, therefore, be it
RESOLVED, that the Student Assembly of the College of William and Mary –
- Allocates up to $4380 from the Student Activities Reserve Fund to pay for Swem to fully extend its hours of operation through the night on the evenings of December 5-9 and December 12-14, 2010, with the money divided up as follows:
- $3180 will be used to pay a one-time fee for additional security;
- Up to $1200 will be used to pay a one-time fee for additional cleaning operations.
- Charges the sponsor of this bill with:
- Continuing to work with Swem and the William & Mary Police Department to ensure the actions of this bill are carried out smoothly and as intended;
- Drafting a line item to fund this program to be inserted in the 2011-2012 budget, and encourage such line items thereafter until the College agrees to fund this program permanently;
- Working with administrators such as the President’s Office, Interim Dean of Libraries and the Chief Financial Officers Office to encourage the College to pay for this program each semester to create a more sustainable program, that students can count on.
Copyright 2013 - All rights reserved William & Mary Student AssemblyGo to top ↑